Search This Blog

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Shopping with Deb at Smith's 5/14/11

No picture this time... this was kind of a mini shopping trip that turned into a $60 trip with the hubby.  Half of that was for meats for the BBQ.  I did get most of the items on my list though.  Here are my best deals....

4 boxes of Mom's Best Cereal for less than $1.00 (these were pretty well picked through, so I got 1 of each that were left... no frosted wheats this time)  
On sale for $0.99 used (4) $0.75/1 coupons

10 Michelina's Lean Gourmet Entrees for $6.80 (was going to get 20, but we didn't know what was good, so we both picked 5 to try).   
On sale for $0.88 used (2) $1/5 coupons

FREE bag of Boulder's potato chips (these were picked through too, so I just got the one bag with my $1/1 coupon and saved my $1/2 coupons)  
On sale for $0.99 used $1/1 coupon

Free Skinny Cow candy bar (why not?  it's free and I love the frozen treats...) 
On sale 2/$1 used $0.50/1 coupon (that I got from a package or something)

Freschetta Simply Inspired Pizza for $2.49 (wasn't planning on it, but we got one to try)
On sale for $4.49 used $2/1 coupon

Nestle Pure Life 24 Pack for $1.99
On sale for $2.99 used $1/1 coupon

3 Propel Fitness Waters for $1.48 (filler items for the Mega 10 event)
On sale for $0.49



So those items there were about $14.00.... the rest of the $60 we spent was on the meat, milk, eggs, cheese, ibuprofen, a few impulse buys, etc..... We did spend enough this time so that we could save 10 cents/gallon on gas.  That made me feel a little better about it.  As far as what I got on the list, I saved us quite a bit.  Definitely more than the 40% overall savings.

No comments:

Post a Comment